Only $450 To Handle Most Riverview, MO Misdemeanor Marijuana Possession Charges
There are several negative outcomes that will occur if you plead guilty to a Riverview MO marijuana possession charge:
1. the charge will become a part of your permanent record
2. this will enable anyone wishing to run a criminal background check on you to see it
3. this in turn will make it that much more difficult to get a decent job or apartment (or even get into some colleges)
4. and if you are currently receiving governmental benefits (like food stamps or unemployment benefits), then those benefits could be revoked
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST RIVERVIEW MISSOURI MARIJUANA CASES
Now let’s take a look at some of the positive things that a good Riverview Missouri marijuana possession attorney can do for you:
1. the attorney can examine all of the facts of your case to see if there is a possibility of getting the charges thrown out
2. or the lawyer can work out a deal with the local prosecutor in which the charges are reduced to a lesser offense (like “littering”)
3. and at the very least, he or she can work out an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with the court, which would involve a period of probation
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGE IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
But what you want to avoid is pleading guilty!! Because if you make such a plea, there is nothing you can do about it later. It will become a permanent mark on you record, and will have damaging effects on your future.
The affordable marijuana possession attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their drug charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis marijuana possession case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!