Possession of Marijuana in Elephant Rocks State Park, MO - for as little as $450
Is there a citation for possession of marijuana in Elephant Rocks State Park, MO with your name on it? Was the amount that was found on you more or less than 35 grams of marijuana? Do you know that even getting caught with 35 grams is a Class A Misdemeanor? Do you understand the potential sentence for such a charge? Are you thinking about simply pleading guilty? Are you aware of the long term consequences of having a drug conviction on your permanent record? Do you know about all the benefits one may receive from hiring an attorney to handle the ticket?
WE WANT TO GET THE CHARGES REDUCED SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR RECORD
If you are shaking your head right now because you are unable to answer these questions, then it is absolutely time that you speak with an attorney!! Why? See below for a few reasons:
1. An attorney can examine the facts of your case and determine if there are any defenses which may be asserted (to potentially get the case dismissed)
2. A lawyer can at the very least work closely with the local prosecutor to get the ticket reduced to a lesser infraction (so that it does not show up on your record)
3. A good attorney can usually attend all required courthouse hearings on your behalf (so that you do not even have to show up)
4. And an affordable attorney can do all of these things for a decent price (most Elephant Rocks State Park MO marijuana possession charges can be handled for only $450)
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST MISSOURI CRIMINAL DEFENSE MISDEMEANOR CHARGES
You should also know that if you plead guilty to the charge (and do not engage with an attorney), then a drug conviction will become a part of your permanent record (and the reason why they call it your “permanent record” is because it never comes off once there).
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But we have a much different plan in mind!! As mentioned above, our goal would be to take a close look at your set of facts (for instance, to see if the officer followed the law in his/her search to find the illegal substance). Even if there is no available defense, we can at the very least see about getting the charge reduced to a minor infraction so that it does not become a part of your record.
The affordable St. Louis criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their misdemeanor charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical misdemeanor case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!