Possession of Marijuana in Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park, MO - for as little as $450
Have you recently received a ticket for possession of marijuana in Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park, MO? Are you now trying to figure out your options and legal rights? Do you know if you have a viable defense to assert to the court? Or are you thinking about pleading guilty to the charge? If so, are you aware of the negative consequences involved with a guilty plea? Was the amount found more or less than 35 grams? Did you know that getting caught 35 grams of marijuana is a Class A Misdemeanor? Are you familiar with the benefits one receives by hiring an experienced attorney?
WE WANT TO GET THE MISDEMEANOR CHARGE REDUCED SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR RECORD
If you are unsure about how to answer these questions, then it is most certainly time that you speak with an attorney!! Why? Below is a short list of reasons:
1. A good attorney can examine the facts surrounding your case and determine whether or not you have any good defenses to the alleged charges
2. A lawyer can negotiate a deal with the local prosecutor to see if the charges can be reduced to some lesser offense (like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record)
3. An attorney can usually attend most required courthouse hearings on your behalf (so that you do not need to show up)
4. And an affordable attorney can perform all of these services at a low price (most Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park MO marijuana possession charges can be handled for only $450)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST MISSOURI CRIMINAL DEFENSE MISDEMEANOR CHARGES
Most people do nothing more than plead guilty to such a charge. They believe (incorrectly) that they have no other alternative. But a guilty plea will result in a drug conviction becoming a permanent part of your record. This will have a dramatic effect on your ability to get a good job (or rent an apartment, secure a student loan, hold onto your commercial driver’s license, and maintain any current governmental benefits).
But we have a much better plan in mind!! We want to take a very close look at your case, examine all the pertinent facts, and determine the best course of action to resolve the citation. At the very least, we want to try and get the charge reduced so that it does not go onto your record.
The affordable St. Louis criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their misdemeanor charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical misdemeanor case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!