Possession of Marijuana in Meramec State Park, MO - for as little as $450
Did you recently receive a ticket for possession of marijuana in Meramec State Park, MO? Was the person who wrote the citation a park ranger (or some other park official acting under the color of law)? Do you know that this type of ticket carries the same implications and seriousness as any other misdemeanor in the state of Missouri? Are you thinking about pleading guilty to the charges? If so, do you understand the consequences of that decision? Are you aware of the benefits of hiring an experienced attorney to handle the citation for you?We Want to Get the Charges Reduced So That It Does Not Show Up on Your Record
If you are unsure about the answers to the above questions, then it is time for you to speak with an attorney!! Why? Let’s take a look at a few examples:
- An experienced attorney can work closely with the local prosecutor to get the ticket reduced to some lesser offense (like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record)
- A lawyer usually attend all necessary courthouse hearings on your behalf (which means you would likely not have to show up at all)
- An affordable attorney can perform these services at a reasonable cost (most Meramec State Park MO marijuana possession charges can be handled for only $450)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
- If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
- If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
But the unfortunate fact is that most people do not contact an attorney at all. They do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge. However, this decision will ultimately result in the conviction going on your permanent record. This means that every time you apply for a job, or try to rent an apartment, or secure governmental benefits, the drug conviction will put up quite a roadblock to reach those goals (if not destroy them altogether).
But we have a much different plan in mind!! At the very least, our goal would be to get the citation reduced so that it does not become a part of your record. And that is far better than the alternative described above!!
The affordable St. Louis criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their misdemeanor charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical misdemeanor case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!