Possession of Marijuana in St. Joe State Park, MO - for as little as $450
Are you dealing with a ticket for possession of marijuana in St. Joe State Park, MO? If so, do you know if the amount found was more or less than 35 grams? Did you know that getting caught with even 35 grams of marijuana will result in a Class A Misdemeanor? Are you familiar with the potential sentence that comes with such a charge (including jail time and fine)? Do you know about all the benefits that come with hiring an experienced attorney to handle your case?
WE WANT TO GET THE CHARGES REDUCED SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR RECORD
If you are not too certain about how to answer the questions raised above, then it is a very good idea for you to speak with any attorney!! Why? Let’s take a look at a few reasons:
1. An attorney can examine the facts of your case to determine if there are any defenses that can be asserted
2. A good lawyer can at the very least try to get the charge reduced to something minor (like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record)
3. An experienced attorney can usually attend most required courthouse hearings on your behalf (so that you do not even have to show up)
4. And an affordable attorney can do all of these things for a low, low price (most St. Joe State Park MO marijuana possession charges can be handled for only $450)
$375 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST MISDEMEANOR CHARGES
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding marijuana possession went into effect:
1. If you are caught with less 10 grams of marijuana, it is a Class D Misdemeanor (unless you’ve already been convicted on a prior possession charge, in which case it would be a Class A Misdemeanor)
2. If you are caught with between 10 – 35 grams, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught with between 35 grams – 30 kilograms, it is a Class C Felony
Most people, however, do not retain the services of an attorney. Instead, they do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge as is. This decision seems like it is the easiest route to go. But what people do not realize is that there are long term consequences to pleading guilty. For instance, if you have a drug conviction on your record, then you will find it incredibly difficult to get a decent job (or rent an apartment, or maintain current governmental benefits).
But we would want you to receive a much different outcome!! We want to closely examine the facts of your particular case to determine if there are any defenses available to you. And at the very least, we would want to get the charges reduced to something minor. This is a far better route than what is described above!
The affordable St. Louis criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their misdemeanor charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical misdemeanor case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!