Riverview MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- If you decide to represent yourself, the court will treat you as if you are a lawyer. The judge and prosecutor will not give you any leeway just because you haven’t gone to law school. They will expect you to understand the law and how the criminal justice system works. However, most people representing themselves will end up pleading guilty (mainly because they do not realize there are any other options available)
- But an experienced attorney will protect your rights and interests to the fullest! In most cases, we can get the charge reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing negative shows up on your record); and in some situations, we can even get the charge thrown out altogether (depending on the facts of your case)
- The charge would become a part of your permanent record (and would show up as a criminal conviction)
- This would allow anyone running a simple background check to see it
- And if you go to apply for a job (or rent an apartment, or seek governmental assistance), you’ll likely be screened out as a candidate
- The only entity that can issue a felony is the state of Missouri (and the federal government); smaller municipalities are limited to issuing misdemeanors only
- Felonies are reserved for behavior that is far more severe in nature; misdemeanors are less severe (but come with significant jail sentences nevertheless)
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!