St John MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- A good attorney is going to know how to navigate the complex world of the criminal justice system (and will likely be on a first-name basis with both the judge and the prosecutor)
- Most attorneys will know how to negotiate a favorable outcome by working out a deal with the local prosecutor. If this goal is accomplished, then the current charges will be reduced to some lesser infraction (so that nothing bad shows up on your record).
- This is important, because most people who represent themselves do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge.
- A guilty plea will allow the state to put the charge on your permanent record as a criminal conviction. Your permanent record can be accessed by a simple background check.
- So when you go to apply for a job, your potential employer will most likely see the blemish on your record, and there is a good chance you’ll be screened out as a candidate for the position. This same idea would be true for renting an apartment, taking out a student loan, or applying for government benefits.
- If you’ve been charged with a felony, then it was issued by the state of Missouri (or the federal government); smaller municipalities around the St Louis area can only issue misdemeanor charges
- Felony charges are reserved for alleged criminal activity that is severe in degree and nature
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!