St Louis County MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHAT ARE THE MAIN BENEFITS IN HIRING AN ATTORNEY TO DEFEND ME?
1. You will have peace of mind knowing that a legal advocate is on your side, fighting for your rights, making sure that your best interests are taken care of. He or she will not only know how to navigate the complex world of the criminal justice system, but it is very likely that your lawyer will be on a first-name basis with the prosecutor and judge.
2. But if you decide to represent yourself, you should know a few things: A) the court will not give you any leeway just because you didn’t go to law school (if you are standing in front of the bench, and you ask for leniency because you do not fully understand how the law works, the judge will almost assuredly respond with, “Then you should go hire a lawyer!!”); B) the prosecutor is not going to spend a whole of time describing to you how the law works either (and your chances of securing favorable outcome will be very low indeed)
3. Most experienced attorneys will be able to get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (down to something that will not show up on your record); and in some situations, he or she can even get the charges dismissed altogether (depending on the facts of your case)
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
SO WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DECIDE TO PLEAD GUILTY?
1. The charge will become a part of your permanent record (and show up as a criminal conviction)
2. Anyone wishing to perform a simple background check on you will clearly see it
3. This will in turn have a negative impact on whether or not you get a decent job (or rent an apartment, or receive governmental benefits)
ARE THERE BIG DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. One of the biggest differences between the two classifications is that only the state of Missouri can issue a felony charge; smaller municipalities around St Louis are limited to misdemeanor charges only
2. While misdemeanors can come with significant jail time and high fines, felony convictions can bring long term jail sentences and thousands of dollars in fines
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!