Stealing Charges in Calverton Park, MO - for as little as $450
If you have been charged with stealing in Calverton Park, MO, do you have a good idea about your full range of options for dealing with it? If not, are you thinking about simply pleading guilty? Do you know that if you plead guilty to this charge, it will become a part of your permanent record (and remain there forever)? Do you understand the negative consequences that will occur in the future if you have such a charge on your record? Are you familiar with the benefits one may receive if they hire an experienced attorney to help them through the process?
WE KEEP OUR FEES LOW SO THAT EVERYONE CAN HAVE LEGAL REPRESENTATION
If you are unsure about how to answer these questions, then it is definitely time you speak with an attorney!! Why? Let’s take a look at some negative outcomes that can come when you do not retain a lawyer, and instead plead guilty:
1. A conviction on your record for a Calverton Park MO stealing / theft charge will make it very difficult for you to get a decent job in the future (because most employers run criminal background checks)
2. Pleading guilty will result in a hard time renting a good apartment, because the landlord will undoubtedly run the same kind of check
3. A guilty plea can put an end to any governmental benefits you may currently be enjoying (like unemployment security, food stamps, and public housing)
$450 TO TAKE CARE OF MOST CALVERTON PARK MISSOURI STEALING MISDEMEANOR CHARGES
As you can see, this is not an outcome that you want to end up with!! In addition to this, you should also know that the state of Missouri subdivides the charge of stealing into categories (depending on the value of the goods allegedly stolen).
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
1. If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
2. If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
3. If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
4. If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
5. If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGE IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
On the other hand, we have a far better option available to you!! First of all, we would want to take a very close look at all the facts surrounding your case to see if there are any defenses that can be asserted on your behalf. We also want to work with the local prosecutor to see about getting the charges reduced to something minor (like “littering,” an offense that does not even show up on your record). And at the very least we would be interested in working out an SIS with the court for you. SIS stands for “suspended imposition of sentence,” and it usually involves a period of probation (between one to two years in length). As long as you stay out of trouble during the period of time, the court will drop the charges altogether once the probationary period ends.
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!