Stealing Charges in Pasadena Hills, MO - for as little as $450
If you have been charged with stealing or theft in Pasadena Hills, MO (or somewhere else in the St. Louis area), do you know what your legal rights and options are? Do you have a good idea of what makes a charge for stealing a misdemeanor or a felony? Was the value of the goods allegedly stolen more or less than $500? Are you thinking about simply pleading guilty to this charge? If so, do you have a full understanding of the consequences that come with such a decision? For instance, did you know that a criminal conviction on your record can make it difficult to get a job in the future? Are you familiar with all the benefits one receives by hiring a good attorney?We Keep Our Fees Low So That Everyone Can Have Legal Representation
If you are a little bit unsure about how to answer these questions, then it is absolutely time to speak with an experienced Pasadena Hills MO stealing and/or theft lawyer!! Why? Take a look below for some reasons:
- A good attorney can look very closely at the facts involved with your particular case to determine if there are any viable defenses that may be asserted on your behalf (in an attempt to get the case dismissed)
- An experienced lawyer can work closely with the local prosecutor to see about getting the charges reduced to a lesser offense (to something like “littering,” which does not even show up on your record)
- An attorney can also work with the court to get you an SIS (“Suspended Imposition of Sentence”) in which you are put on probation for one to two years (after which the initial charge of stealing drops off altogether, so long as you stay out of trouble during the probationary period)
As of January 1, 2017, the following laws regarding stealing / theft / shoplifting went into effect:
- If you are caught with goods valuing less than $150, and you have had no prior stealing-related charges, it is a Class D Misdemeanor
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $150 - $750, it is a Class A Misdemeanor
- If you are caught stealing an animal; or if you have been previously found guilty of three 93) stealing-related cases within ten (10) years of the present case, it is a Class E Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing between $750 - $25,000, it is a Class D Felony
- If you are caught with goods valuing $25,000 or more, it is a Class C Felony
In addition, there are also quite a few long term negative outcomes to a plea of guilty. For instance, if you apply for a job in the future, then the employer will undoubtedly run a criminal background check (which will likely result in you being screened out as a candidate). But we have a much different plan in mind for your case!!
The affordable St. Louis stealing defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their theft charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical shoplifting case start at $450. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!