Sunset Hills MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
WHY DO I NEED TO HIRE A DEFENSE ATTORNEY ON MY CASE?
1. Because if you choose to represent yourself, the court will treat you as if you have the proper legal training to conduct your case (just as if you were in fact a lawyer). In other words, the court (neither the judge or prosecutor) will give you any leeway just because you didn’t attend law school.
2. But if you were to retain the services of an experienced attorney, he or she will usually have a very good working relationship with all the players in the criminal justice system.
3. And frequently, a good lawyer can get your charges reduced to some lesser infraction (so that nothing bad shows up on your record); and every and awhile, the attorney can even get the charges thrown out altogether (depending on the facts of your specific case)
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHY SHOULDN’T I JUST PLEAD GUILTY TO THE CHARGE?
1. Because a guilty plea will allow the state of Missouri to put the charge on your permanent record
2. Your permanent record can be accessed by a simple criminal background check
3. So if you are applying for a job in the future, your potential employer will see it (and you’ll very likely be screened out as a candidate). The same situation would also come into play with regards to renting an apartment or applying for government benefits.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. Only the state of Missouri (and the federal government) can issue felony charges; area muni’s can only issue misdemeanors
2. The more severe the alleged criminal behavior, the more likely it will come with a felony charge
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!