Velda City MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
- You can certainly represent yourself if you wish, but there is a great deal of risk in that decision. The main thing to point out is that most folks do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge when they are representing themselves.
- Why do people end up pleading guilty? Because they lack the knowledge and experience necessary to successfully navigate the complex world of the criminal courts. They simply do not know how to secure a favorable outcome for themselves.
- But an experienced lawyer will have the ability very often to get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing negative shows up on your record); and every once and awhile, the attorney will actually be able to get the charges thrown out altogether (assuming that the facts of your case allow for such an outcome)
- A guilty plea will allow the state of Missouri to make the charge a part of your permanent record (where it will stay forever as a criminal conviction)
- This can then be viewed by anyone running a simple background check on you
- This is bad, because potential employers will be able to see it (and likely screen you out as a candidate)
- Felony level behavior in the criminal world is reserved for those alleged acts that are severe, and can cause a high level of damage to either person or property (or both)
- Only the state of Missouri can issue a felony charge; area muni’s are limited to misdemeanors charges
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!