Velda Village Hills MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME REASONS WHY IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO HIRE A DEFENSE LAWYER?
1. An experienced lawyer will know how to get you a good outcome on your case. An experienced attorney will very likely be on a first-name basis with the prosecutor and judge. An experienced lawyer can navigate his or her way through the complex thicket of rules, regulations, and laws that a layperson would find difficult (if not impossible) to a positive conclusion.
2. You can, of course, choose to represent yourself. But most people in that kind of situation do nothing more than plead guilty to the charge. They do this because they are unaware of any other alternative path. This will lead to serious issues in the future (see below).
3. But a good attorney should be able to get the charges reduced to a lesser offense (so that nothing negative shows up on your record). And in some limited circumstances, the attorney can get the charges dropped altogether (but this will depend upon the facts of your specific case).
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
SO WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF PLEADING GUILTY?
1. It will become a part of your permanent record (as a criminal conviction)
2. Anyone running a simple background check will therefore be able to see it
3. Which means all potential employers, landlords, or government agencies will be able to use that data in their decision to hire you, rent to you, or provide you with certain benefits
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. If we are talking about a felony charge, then we can be sure that it was the state or federal government that issued it (because smaller municipalities are limited to issuing misdemeanors only)
2. Felonies are considered to be far more offensive to the public welfare, and so the penalties for this alleged criminal behavior is much harsher
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!