Woodson Terrace MO Criminal Defense Lawyer - just $450
CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE BENEFITS OF HIRING A DEFENSE COUNSEL?
1. If you decide to represent yourself, there are many obstacles you’ll run into. The main problem you’ll have is the fact that the court will treat you as if you are in fact an attorney. The reason for this is simple: if you are acting as your own lawyer, then the court will regard you as one. In other words, neither the judge nor prosecutor will give you any leeway just because you didn’t go to law school.
2. But if you have an experienced attorney fighting for you rights, there is a good chance that he or she will be able to get the charges reduced to a lesser infraction (so that nothing shows up on your record). And in some limited cases, we can even get the charges dismissed (especially if the arresting officer violated your Constitutional rights in some manner).
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION!!
WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES IN PLEADING GUILTY TO THE CHARGE?
1. The charge will go onto your permanent record
2. Anyone will be able to see your record if they perform a simple background check
3. This will have a tremendous impact on your chances of getting a job, renting an apartment, applying for a student loan, or from receiving governmental benefits
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A FELONY AND A MISDEMEANOR?
1. If you have been charged with a felony, it was issued by either the state of Missouri or the federal government; local municipalities around St Louis are limited to issuing misdemeanors only
2. Felonies are reserved for alleged criminal behavior that is severe and dangerous to either person or property; as a result, the potential jail time and fines can be quite stiff
The affordable St Louis, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. We want to do everything we can to help you get the best possible outcome! We want to make sure that your record stays as clean!! And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!