Bankruptcy Lawyer in Affton, MO
WANT TO KNOW WHAT AN AFFTON MO BANKRUPTCY CAN DO FOR YOU?
1. It will put an immediate stop to all creditor activity (phone calls, letters, threats, demands for money you don’t have)
2. No more creditor lawsuits, no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies (of your checking account)
3. You can begin to rebuild your credit score very quickly after filing (most people can expect their score to rise by about 100 points within a year after filing)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT ATTORNEY FEES FOR AN AFFTON MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT KIND OF CREDITORS CAN I GET RID OF IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Payday loans
2. Old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, overdue cell phones
3. All of your credit card debt
4. All of your medical bills
5. There are many other examples of unsecured, non-priority debt (such as gym memberships, personal loans, and deficiencies from repossessed vehicles)
HOW DOES A CHAPTER 7 DIFFER FROM A CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 is described as a straight discharge of unsecured debts (and you can keep your assets so long as there is not significant equity); a Ch13 is described as a repayment plan over the course of three (3) to five (5) years (during which certain debts are paid back)
2. A Ch7 is a fairly quick procedure (from start to finish, it lasts about five months); a Ch13 is purposefully set up to last several years so that the debts paid back within the plan can be spread out over a period of time (so as to make the monthly payment as low as possible)
3. A Ch13 will stop a home foreclosure and car repo (so that you can keep the assets); a Ch7 will not prevent your mortgage company or car creditor from moving adversely against the asset
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!