Bankruptcy Lawyer in Jennings MO
Here is a list of benefits you can expect to receive upon filing for bankruptcy:
- Your credit score will improve dramatically! This will occur over a much shorter period of time than you probably realize!! On average, most people can anticipate a 100 point jump within the first year after filing.
- If you are dealing with constant, relentless harassment from your creditors (like endless phone calls and nasty letters demanding money), this will come to a complete stop once your case is filed
- But if in fact the creditors are pursuing through court-sanctioned means (like wage garnishment and bank levies), this activity will end as well
Can you give me a list of debts that would typically handled?
- Credit cards and medical bills
- Payday loans, signature loans, and personal loans (even ones that you set up with friends and/or family)
- Whatever deficiencies that may result from car repossessions, home foreclosures, and apartment rental contracts
- All the little things that seem small by themselves (but add up to quite a bit in the end), like old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts, and old gym memberships and cell phone bills
- A Chapter 7 is going to provide you with a discharge of unsecured debts (like the aforementioned credit cards and medical bills); a Chapter 13 is described as a repayment plan (during which certain debts are paid back, like overdue mortgage payments and back child support)
- A Ch7 will typically run about five months in length; a Ch13 will run between three and five years
- There is no risk of losing an asset in a Ch13; but if you have an asset with a lot of equity, then you could potentially lose it in a Ch7
At The Law Office of Jennifer Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!