Bankruptcy Lawyer in Town and Country MO
WHAT ARE THE MAIN BENEFITS TO FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. First and foremost, the filing of a bankruptcy will give you the perfect opportunity to rebuild your financial standing. Most notably, your credit score will bump up by about 100 points within the first year or so after filing.
2. It will also put an immediate end to all the creditor activity you are currently dealing with (no more phone calls, no more letters, no more demands for money)
3. Or if your creditors have received judgments against you, this activity will also come to a hard stop (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A TOWN AND COUNTRY MO CHAPTER 13
CAN YOU GIVE ME A LIST OF TYPICAL DEBTS THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills and payday loans
2. But also signature loans (especially the ones that originate online) and personal loans (like from you friends or family members)
3. If you’ve had a car repossessed (or a home foreclosed on, or if you have broken a rental agreement), the deficiency that will result (after the car is resold) will be taken care of
4. Old utility bills (like cable, water, gas, and electric), old cell phone bills, overdrawn bank accounts, old gym memberships (etc, etc, etc)
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is a repayment plan
2. A Ch7 will last about five months in length; a Ch13 will run between three and five years
3. The Bankruptcy Trustee in a Ch7 is on the lookout for assets that have a lot of value (because he/she might want to liquidate them); the Trustee in a Ch13 is trying to find a way to make your monthly plan payment higher
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!