Bankruptcy Lawyer in Webster Groves MO
CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES IN FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. First of all, the filing of a bankruptcy will put an immediate stop to any and all creditor activity. This in effect means no more phone calls, no more letters, no more demands for money.
2. Or if the creditor has already secured a judgment against you, then the creditor will not be allowed to execute that judgment (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
3. But above all, a bankruptcy comes with a “fresh start / cleans slate”. This means that you will be able to rebuild your credit score back up to where you want it (in a relatively short period of time)
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A WEBSTER GROVES MO CHAPTER 13
ARE THERE CERTAIN DEBTS THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Deficiencies that result from a car repossession, or a home foreclosure, or a broken rental agreement
2. Payday loans, personal loans, and signature loans (especially the type you find online)
3. Old utility bills (like water, gas, electric, trash, or cable); old cell phone bills; overdrawn bank accounts
4. Credit cards and medical bills
5. And really anything that is of an unsecured nature
WHAT SORT OF DIFFERENCES EXIST BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 will last only about five (5) months from start to finish; a Ch13 is a bit longer, running between three (3) and five (5) years
2. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt; a Ch13 is best described as a repayment plan
3. The only time you’ll need to worry about the potential of losing an asset is in a Ch7; in a Ch13, you don’t have to worry about such a thing (but if you have assets with a lot of value, your monthly plan payment could be higher)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!