Bankruptcy Lawyer in Woodson Terrace MO
What are the main benefits in filing for bankruptcy?
- If you are looking for the best way to improve your credit score, the filing of a bankruptcy will provide you the best chance of accomplishing this goal. For example, your score will go up by about one hundred points within the first year after filing.
- Also, all creditor activity will come to a complete and total stop once the case is filed. This in turn means – no more phone calls, no more letters, no more threats of legal action.
- And speaking of legal action, if a creditor has already sued you on some debt, then it will not be able to do anything about it once we file your case (no more wage garnishments, no more bank levies)
What types of debts will be included in my bankruptcy?
- The usual suspects, like credit cards and medical bills
- But also things like payday loans, personal loans, and signature loans (those nasty things you find online)
- Deficiencies from things like car repos, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
- Old utility bills, old cell phone bills, overdrawn bank accounts
- And just about anything else that takes on an unsecured nature
- A Ch7 will last about five months in length until you are completely done; a Ch13 is going run between three and five years
- The reason why a Ch13 lasts longer is because it is a repayment plan (so that you can get caught up on certain debts); a Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like the aforementioned credit cards and medical bills)
- In a Ch7, there is a potential risk of losing an asset with a lot of value; in a Ch13, you needn’t worry about losing anything (but your monthly plan payment could be higher if you have valuable assets)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. contact us today to learn more!!