Criminal Defense in Overland MO - starting at $450
If you choose to represent yourself on a criminal charge in Overland MO, here is what you can likely expect:
1) Most folks end up pleading guilty to the charge (they do this because they believe that nothing bad will result by making this decision)
2) When the decision is made to plead guilty, the judge has the options to sentence you to a potential jail term and/or fine
3) Even if the judge does not hand down a stiff sentence, the state of Missouri will still put the charge on your permanent record as a criminal conviction
4) This will lead to serious issues in the future, because then everyone will be able to see the conviction by simply running a background check on you
5) If you have a criminal conviction on your record, you will likely be screened out as a candidate for a potential job, denied the apartment you want to rent, or disqualified for the government benefits that you wish to take out
PLEADING GUILTY IS NOT YOUR BEST OPTION
But it does not have to go down this way!! We have a much better plan in mind! We will examine all the facts of your case, determine the best course of action to defend your rights, and put you in the best possible position down the road. Sometimes this will involve a dismissal of the charges, and other times it will result in a reduction of the charges. Either way, this is far more desirable than simply pleading guilty!!
The affordable Overland, MO criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, have been helping people with their criminal charges for over ten (10) years. Our goal is to make sure that the charges leveled against you do not stay on your permanent record, and do any lasting damage. And we want to do all of this at an affordable price. The fees for a typical St. Louis misdemeanor charge start at $450. Our fees for a low level felony charge start at $750. But the initial consultation to discuss your legal issues is free of charge. So contact us today!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!