Bankruptcy Lawyer in Pasadena Hills MO
CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT SOME ADVANTAGES THAT I CAN EXPECT BY FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY?
1. If your wages are currently being garnished, or if your bank accounts are being levied, then the filing of the bankruptcy will put an immediate end to those things.
2. Or if you are dealing with all the negative tactics that most creditors and collection agencies employ (like endless phone calls and nasty letters), that stuff will stop as well once your case is filed.
3. And without a doubt, filing for bankruptcy will give you the best chance to improve your credit score (over a relatively short period of time).
ONLY $300 UPFRONT FEES FOR A PASADENA HILLS MO CHAPTER 13
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE DEBTS THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY BANKRUPTCY?
1. Credit cards and medical bills
2. Personal loans, signature loans, and payday loans
3. Deficiencies from car repos, home foreclosures, and broken rental contracts
4. Old gym memberships, old utility bills, overdrawn bank accounts
5. And anything else that would resemble an unsecured debt
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 13?
1. A Ch7 is a simple discharge of unsecured debt (like credit cards and medical bills); a Ch13 is a repayment plan (through which certain debts are paid back, such as overdue mortgage payments, recent tax debt, and back child support)
2. A Chapter 7 will run about five months or so in length; a Chapter 13 lasts between three (3) and five (5) years
3. The only time you would need to worry about losing an asset is in a Ch7 (because the Bankruptcy Trustee is always on the hunt for items that have a lot of equity); you don’t have to worry about losing anything in a Ch13 (but if you have assets that are valuable, that could increase your monthly plan payment)
At The Law Office of Jennifer Alter-Rieken, we want to make sure that you receive the very best bankruptcy services in all of the St Louis area. Our team will get you back on your feet, help to dramatically improve your financial standing, and put you in the best position possible for the future. The attorney fees for a standard St Louis Chapter 7 are $675, and the upfront fees for a St Louis Chapter 13 are $300. But the initial consultation is free of charge!!
We have two main locations: in the Central West End of St. Louis, at 1 North Taylor (on the corner of Taylor and Laclede), 63108; and in the Twin Cities of Festus / Crystal City, at 1000 Truman Blvd (Highway 61/67), 63019. The initial consultation is free of charge. So contact us today to learn more!!